Credit Angel Limited is an Appointed Representative of Quint Group Limited and is entered on the Financial Services Register under reference number 739008.
Quint Group Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and is entered on the Financial Services Register under reference number: 669450.
Credit Angel Limited is registered in England and Wales (Company number 08552150), Registered Office; Oxford House, Oxford Road, Macclesfield, SK11 8HS. Licenced by the Information Commissioners Office, (registration number ZA079407).
Based on this we have implemented measures which will ensure any personal data that is obtained from you by visiting our website will be processed and maintained in line with accepted principles of good information handling. In addition to this, also in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018.
Contained within this statement and set out below are details of the type of information that we at Credit Angel may hold about you, our customer. Also how we obtain and process any information we may have and, importantly, how we protect your privacy.
Our Data Protection Officer is Andrew Thorncroft, Legal Counsel and Data Protection Officer and contact information can be found at the bottom of this policy.
How we may contact you:
Unless you state otherwise to us, lenders, third parties and other brokers (see further section on 'How we keep you informed') may contact you via telephone, email, post, sms, automated messages or fax.
How you contact us:
If you are required to telephone us using the specified telephone numbers on our website or advertising/marketing/correspondence material then your call may be recorded for training, quality and regulatory purposes. We pride ourselves on providing complete customer care and this gives us the opportunity to continuously improve and monitor our customer experience.
Our contact details can be found at the bottom of this policy
How we keep you informed:
We may wish to make contact with you at some point in order to keep you informed regarding offers on products or services which we think you may find of interest. This contact will be made via telephone, email, sms, automated messages or fax. Third parties may also wish to contact you from the information we have shared with them. Any information that is shared to third parties is completely trusted for the purpose it is specified for. Third parties may also use the same means of contact stated above.
- The information/data that we would normally collect from you is as follows:
- Residential address
- Residential status
- Date of birth
- Email address (if applicable)
- Telephone number (home, mobile, work)
- Income details
- Details of bank
- What you do on our website; the results of this will be used to show Credit Angel examples of which parts of our website are most and least used (please refer to 'Cookies' paragraph).
However if you register with us, have a question about our services or alternatively choose to send an email to [email protected], we may also collect the above personal information/data in this instance, in order for us to respond to your enquiry.
We may also receive personal information/data from 3rd parties, which enables us to offer identified potential customers products and services if they have expressed interest in our products and services. Any information/data obtained from 3rd parties is checked for accuracy and we will endeavour to check your information with you occasionally.
Ensuring your personal details and/or preferences are kept up to date:
It is your responsibility to ensure that any information we have on record for you is kept up to date and correct. If you do require any of your information to be updated then please contact us as soon as possible so we can ensure that it is corrected.
If you require your preferences to be updated then please contact our Compliance Manager as soon as possible (details set out below within 'Contact' paragraph).
How we use your Personal Information:
Information that is collected by us Credit Angel may be used by us in the following ways and will be recorded electronically:
- Verify customer identity and credit standing and to enable us to consider and process your application for a loan or other products or services.
- Assess your credit history and confirm your employment details.
- Extract certain information for the purpose of generating statistics for our own internal purposes (including credit and/or behaviour scoring, and market and product analysis).
- Detect, prevent and investigate actual and potential fraud and related activities.
- Develop, manage and market products and services to meet our customers' needs and to contact customers for products and services that may be of interest, to determine your eligibility for different products and services that our customers may be interested in.
- Contact you in connection with your enquiry.
- Update this website to better meet our customers' needs in the future.
- Help Credit Angel Ltd to carry out administration and service your account.
- As some of our affiliates who form part of our group are based outside of the UK then we may use your information outside the UK. If we do use your information outside the UK then we have established levels of protection to ensure that your information is safeguarded.
- Your data may be used for other purpose, including but not limited to, data validation, enhancement, information verification, identity verification, suppression, tracing and to the extent permitted by law, individual reference or lookup services, by LexisNexis and selected 3rd parties.
We collect your data and will share it for commercial gain with third parties. These organisations will have a relationship with you or it may be used where they have a lawful reason, which may include these organisation's own legitimate interest. Use includes tracing of individuals, verification and/or validation of the identity of individuals for the purposes of, but not limited to, anti-money laundering regulations, national security, crime prevention and detection, anti-fraud processes, asset recovery and asset reunification.
We may need to share your information for legitimate interests with the following third parties, operating as data controllers or data processors:
- Companies within the Quint Group Limited, including
- Moneyguru Limited
- Monevo Limited
- Infinian Data Solutions Limited
- Credit Angel Limited
- Loan Marketing Limited
- Debt collection agencies
- Debt purchase companies
- Credit Referencing Agencies
- Credit providers
- Data aggregation companies
- Data bureaux
- Identity and Verification service providers
- Tracing companies
- Government agencies
- LexisNexis Risk Solutions
- Call Credit
We may also use your information for marketing purposes, outside of providing our services, if you have given us your explicit consent and in accordance with this policy. You have a legal right to prevent your information being used for direct marketing purposes
We will make searches about you at credit reference agencies who will supply us with credit information, as well as information from the Electoral Register. The agencies will record details of the search whether or not this application proceeds. We may use credit-scoring methods to assess this application and to verify your identity. Credit searches and other information which is provided to us and/or the credit reference agencies, about you and those with whom you are linked financially may be used by Credit Angel Limited and other companies if credit decisions are made about you, or other members of your household. This information may also be used for debt tracing and the prevention of money laundering as well as the management of your account.
Information held about you by the Credit Reference Agencies may be linked to records relating to your partner. For the purposes of this application you and your partner are financially independent and you request that your application be assessed without reference to any “associated” records, although you recognise that this may adversely affect the outcome of your application. You believe that there is no information relating to your partner that is likely to affect our willingness to offer financial services to you. You authorise us to check the validity of this declaration with credit reference agencies and if we discover any associated records, which would affect the accuracy of this declaration we may decide not to proceed with the application on this basis. We may periodically check and update your credit profile to provide you with update to date relevant offers. This will not impact your credit score, credit worthiness or your ability to obtain credit.
As part of the services offered to you through this website, the information which you provide to us may be transferred to countries outside the EEA. By way of example, this may happen if any of our servers, or our third parties’ servers, are from time to time located in a country outside of the EEA. These countries may not have similar data protection laws to the UK. By submitting your personal data, you’re agreeing to this transfer, storing or processing. If we transfer your information outside of the EEA in this way, we will take steps to ensure that appropriate security measures are taken with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected as outlined in this Policy.
How do you keep my information secure?
Your security and privacy comes first in everything we do; if your data is not secure then it’s not private. We utilise the most advanced security infrastructure and measures to ensure your data is private whilst in transit and at rest. If we share your information to any third parties, we will only do so if we are sure that they maintain the same levels of security and privacy as ourselves.
Can you access the information we hold about you?
You will be able to access the records we hold about you upon request. We will not charge a fee to provide this information, unless the request is manifestly unfounded or excessive. If you require further copies a fee may apply. To request access to your information please contact [email protected]. We are required to send this information to you within 30 days.
How long do we keep your information for?
The amount of time we hold your information depends on the basis it was provided by you to us; please see the following examples:
- If you request that we do not contact you for advertising and marketing reasons, then we still may need to keep your information as this would reflect your preferences.
- Information is also kept relating to any transactions you may enter via our website. This information will be kept for a minimum of 6 years which will commence at the end of the relationship. We are required to do this to ensure that if any disputes or complaints are raised then we have your information to enable us to address the complaints or disputes. Your information will be kept purely for business needs.
- In order to provide you with a service we will be required to keep your information whilst we continue to provide you with a service for however long this may take us.
- Another reason for us to keep information about you is for legitimate business needs, where relevant, so we can comply with what the law states.
What are my rights?
You have the following rights regarding the processing of your personal data, given to you through legislation:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
You have the right to obtain confirmation that your data is being processed and to have access to that personal data. You can request this using the contact details here
- The right to rectification
You have the right to have your personal data rectified if it is incorrect or incomplete and we must notify any third parties that have been shared your data to do the same. You can request this using the contact details here
- The right to erasure
You have a “right to be forgotten”, or to have your personal data erased and to prevent processing. The right is not absolute and in certain circumstances this may not be possible. You can request this using the contact details here
- The right to restrict processing
You have the right to ‘block’ or suppress the processing of your personal data. This does not stop the storing of your personal data, as it may be required to restrict processing in the future. You can request this using the contact details here
- The right to data portability
You have the right to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes across different services in a safe and secure way, without hindrance to usability. You can request this using the contact details here
- The right to object
You have the right to object to processing based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority (including profiling); direct marketing (including profiling); and processing for purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics. You can request this using contact details here
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
You have a right to object to automated decision making, to express your point of view, ask for human intervention, and to be provided with an explanation of the decision with your option to challenge it. The right is not absolute and is not applicable for the entering into a consumer credit agreement. You can request this using the contact details here
- The right to withdraw consent
If you have given us explicit consent to process your personal data you have a right to withdraw that consent at any time, including but not limited to the removal of consent to be contacted by third party marketers. You can request this using the contact details here
- The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
You have the right to lodge a complaint with us directly and / or with a supervisory authority. In the UK the relevant authority is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). You can find their contact details here: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/
Processing of sensitive ‘special category’ data:
Should we be required to process your sensitive information, then we will notify you and seek your agreement prior to us doing so. Sensitive information or ‘special category data’ under GDPR includes the following:
- Racial or ethnic origin;
- Political opinion;
- Religious or other beliefs;
- Trade union membership;
- Physical or mental health or condition;
- Sexual life;
- Criminal proceedings or convictions;
- Genetic data;
- Biometric data;
Usage of links to other sites:
Alternatively, you can write to our Compliance Manager or Data Protection Officer at the following address:
Credit Angel Limited